What does Personal Information mean?
Personal Information means anything that can be used to identify you, including facial recordings and IP addresses that we collect as you participate in our study or information that we collect from users of our website.
Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number that is connected to your device. An IP address can be used to determine the location of your device typically within a 40km radius, thus not an exact determination of your location. IP addresses are basically how the Internet functions.
Collection and use of your personal data
We collect personal information that you choose to provide when using our websites, products and/or services such as, if you choose to create an account, register for our newsletter, send in a contact form, or use one of our products or services. If you apply for a job with us, we will collect all information that you choose to provide as part of your application.
In addition, we may collect the IP address of your computer in order to enable us to detect unauthorized transactions and to better manage website traffic.
BCA follows the following principles in order to protect your privacy:
- We do not collect more information than is necessary
- We do not use your data for purposes other than those specified
- We do not keep your data if it is no longer needed
When you visit a website
You can visit our websites without giving away your personal information. NVISO uses Google Analytics and Cookies in order to improve our service, user experience and analyze how the website is used. Aside from the approximate location (IP address), the information collected by Google Analytics is mostly anonymous traffic data including browser information, device information, language.
We also use other tracking software to understand and optimize the user experience and to improve our advertising both on and outside our website(s), including but not limited to Google Remarketing, Facebook Remarketing, Celebrus, and Marketo.
The collected information is used to provide an overview of how people are accessing and using our websites.
When you contact us
While you can use our website without giving out your personal information, once you contact us via the Bonseyes website, BCA collects information about you.
The information you fill in (personal information such as your name, email address, organisation) will be processed and stored so that it is possible for us to contact and respond to your request, and/or allow you access to our services.
We will keep your data on record to assist in building aggregate data analysis to improve our solution.
When we meet at conferences and events
The information (ie: business cards, marketing materials, etc.) you share directly with our sales representatives (personal information such as your name, email address, organisation) will be processed and stored so that it is possible for us to contact and respond to your request, and/or allow you access to our services, and/or for marketing and communication purposes.
We may combine information we hold about you, including personal information if you log in to our other web services, personal information collected through our direct or online relationship with you, information collected from a third party and information that is publicly available to better develop targeted products and services.
We may use your email address to contact you from time to time, in order to send notices required by law, to provide information regarding this website, or to resolve any complaint. We also reserve the right to mail or email information to you about our services, to provide offers to customers, or to send out our newsletter to you.
We may also use “cookies,” which are small text files that we place on your computer or device to allow us to track our research and assess participant behaviour information. We use third party service providers to track usage and interaction with the media players that are used to measure responses to advertisements. Our cookies are deleted after 13 months.
To find out more about cookies and how to delete them, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org.uk/managing-cookies
Cookies are used as follows:
- To recognize you as a regular user
- To remind us of who you are
- To estimate our audience size by determining repeat usage of the Website to help target advertisements based on user interests and behavior
- To track your progress
- To measure traffic patterns for use as a research tool to understand how our users’ habits are similar or different from one another
- To compile statistics on usage patterns
- To conduct other research
You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, in order to give you the chance to determine whether or not to accept it. If you do not accept cookies, some pages of this website may not display properly or you may not be permitted to access certain information.
Our policy is to collect personal information from you for the following purposes:
- to provide emotion recognition software services to you or to provide a demo of our software services
- to maintain a commercial relationship with you and to communicate with you (which may include: providing services, advertising, promotions, and account verification);
- to analyze and use the emotion analytics and personal information for our internal evaluation purposes only;
- to identify your needs and/or preferences;
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- to administer, maintain, manage, and improve our business operations;
- as otherwise required by law.
Correction and OPT OUT
You have the right to request access to the information we have on you. You can also update, delete, or correct your personal information on file with us online, via email at email@example.com, or via written correspondence at: Data Privacy Officer, Bonseyes Community Association, EPFL Innovation Park, Building D, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland.
We will make sure to provide you with a copy of the data we process about you. In order to comply with your request, we may ask you to verify your identity
We will fulfil your request by sending your copy electronically, unless the request expressly specifies a different method. For any subsequent access request, we may charge you with an administrative fee.
You may at any time choose to unsubscribe (or “opt-out”) of any of our mailings, either by adjusting your membership settings or by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or written correspondence at: Data Privacy Officer, Bonseyes Community Association, EPFL Innovation Park, Building D, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland.
Third Party Links and Services
Our website may contain links to third-party websites such as social media sites, and may also contain third-party plug-ins (such as the Facebook “like” button and Twitter “follow” button). If you choose to use these sites or features, you may disclose your information not just to those third-parties, but also to their users and the public more generally depending on how their services function.
Being on our website does not automatically result in sharing data on these social media networks. These plugins remain inactive (idle) until clicked upon. Once clicked upon, you will be taken to the said social media networks with their own specific privacy policies you are recommended to consult.
Our media player may be placed on third party websites as part of their services to their users.
Confidentiality and Security of Personal Information
BCA cares to ensure the security of personal data. When BCA collects information about you, we also make sure that your information is protected from unauthorized access, loss, manipulation, falsification, destruction or unauthorized disclosure. We use industry standard technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against unauthorized disclosure or processing.
These measures vary depending on the sensitivity of the information we have collected from you. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is absolutely secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Sharing of Personal Information
This Website does not rent, trade, or share personal information with third parties, except to provide products or services, which you requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We may use third parties for credit card processing, which parties are prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for promotional purposes.
- We may share personal information with our business partners
- We may share your information with third parties in order to improve the quality or design of the Website, and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking and analyzing user preferences and trends.
- We may share your personal information if required by law and if we believe that the disclosure is required or necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial processing or legal process served on our Website.
- We may share personal information if we believe that it is required in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, a potential threat to the physical safety of a third party, or as otherwise required by law.
- We may transfer personal information to a third party entity in the event of an assignment of this Website for any reason. You will be notified via email of any such change in ownership or control of personal information.
- We may share personal information with our legal, financial, and other professional advisors.
- We may share personal information with website developers in the event that we are upgrading or improving our Website.
- We may share personal information with third parties upon receiving your consent as required by law.
Except as provided above, we will not share any of your information to any third party without permission.
Transfer of Personal Information
We may transfer your Personal Information to countries inside or outside of the European Economic Area EEA (such as the US), but only to companies we trust. This includes carefully selected business partners that are certified as compliant with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework or equivalent protections. We do this for our data management and business purposes, in particular, for outsourced data processing by organisations on our behalf and in accordance with the stated aim of the data processing. We take appropriate steps to ensure your information is adequately protected. If you do not agree to this, please do not use our services.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. In furtherance of this commitment, we restrict the evaluation of our services to persons eighteen (18) years of age or older. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13).
In accordance with applicable law, we only collect a limited amount of information about you that is necessary for improving our service.
We do not use profiling, we do not sell or in any other way spread your data to third parties. We do not use your data for purposes other than what we specified. We also make sure that your data is stored securely. We delete all information deemed no longer necessary.
Contact us at any time to:
- Request access to information that BCA has about you
- Correct any information that BCA has about you
- Delete information that BCA has about you
If you have any additional questions about BCA’s collection and storage of data, please contact us via email at email@example.com, or written correspondence at: Data Privacy Officer, Bonseyes Community Association, EPFL Innovation Park, Building D, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland.